For almost 100 years ALLIED BUILDING METAL INDUSTRIES, INC., has been an association of the New York City metropolitan area’s leading fabricators and erectors of structural steel, precast concrete, architectural, ornamental and miscellaneous metal products for building and heavy construction projects.
Please read on if you wish to learn how our members receive all our services for as little as 98¢ a day which is totally tax deductible as a business expense.*
ALLIED MEMBERSHIP ENTITLES YOU TO THE FOLLOWING FREE SERVICES:
- Advice on all industry matters affecting your day-to-day operations.
- Representation at NLRB arbitration and grievance procedures.
- Interpretations of the collective bargaining agreements.
- Periodic bulletins, keeping you abreast of current local, state and federal laws. Reminders of your obligations regarding wage rate changes, fringe benefits, union holidays, overtime pay, etc.
- Invitations to ABMI meetings and seminars concerning the Association’s actions, OSHA, EEOC, etc., permitting you to meet your fellow employers to discuss matters of mutual interest and even plan joint ventures.
- Through affiliations and active participation, Allied petitions the various city, state and federal authorities to enact, amend and/or enforce legislation which is beneficial to the industry.
- Allied negotiates on behalf of its members the collective bargaining agreements with Iron Workers Locals Unions Nos. 580, 40/361, Operating Engineers Locals Unions Nos. 14/15, and Shopmen’s Local Union No. 580 S.
- The “Allied Agreements” are already the bases for the industry-wide contracts. As a member you can serve on the negotiation committee(s) or, at the very least, have input in matters that are important to you and your company.
- Allied membership would give you an edge in dealing with the various local unions! Let’s face it, the unions have to deal with a lot of companies, common sense dictates that more attention will be given to Allied’s phone call. We represent many companies and ours is a recognized voice.
- We appoint the Employer Trustees on the various fringe benefit funds. The Funds’ Joint Board of Trustees make all determinations regarding the level of benefits provided by the Funds. These benefits have become a major part of your company’s operating costs. Allied membership gives you input in this very important and costly aspect of doing business in this area.
The above services are only a fraction of what we have to offer you. If you want to know more about our organization and how we can serve you, please call, write, fax or email our Executive Director, Steven N. Davi. Steven is a practicing attorney, specializing in labor law. He will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
We are particularly sensitive to the special needs of individual companies and are fully-prepared to serve those needs.
*98¢ based on minimum dues @$360.00/year. Dues are based on Gross Payrolls for the calendar year.